Thursday, May 14, 2015

For Lacey: I'm So Proud of You, Graduate!

Lacey Allison

I can say with certainty that time flies, because this little girl is graduating from college today! I'm hardly able to believe it, since I can picture her as a baby like it was yesterday, but what a lovely young woman she has blossomed into! 

I'm so proud of Lacey Barkhurst! Tonight I will watch her walk the stage at Texas State University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre with a concentration in design! I'm proud of her for so many things, not the least of which is that she still finished in 4 years after doing her first year at A&M Galveston as a marine biology major. That first year made it clear to her that she had to follow her dreams. It took a lot of hard work, but she did it! 

I'm also proud of her for getting such good grades! As a mother, it's pretty gratifying to see your kid make the Dean's list over and over again and graduate Magna Cum Laude! Lacey Rocks! 

But I'm most proud of the person she is. Lacey is one of the nicest, kindest, happiest, most loving, caring people I know. She's always smiling, and everyone loves her for her generosity and spirit. She gets along with everyone.  She's helpful and thoughtful.  All the time! I wish I was more like her! ;) 

She told me once that it was hard to follow in the genius footprints of her older sister, Ariel, but she should know today that she more than filled those shoes. And I have no doubt that she will go on to pursue and achieve all of her hopes and dreams and plans in life. And even if there are hardships along the way, she will weather them well. 

So to my Bunny today: Congrats and I love you! You're an inspiration to everyone. I made this VIDEO out of over 500 pictures taken since you were born. I could have put a thousand in it, but restrained myself. ;)  XOXOXO

Love, Mom

The Announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment