Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Christmas Joy

The year I started this blog I did posts on how much I love holidays and decorating and posted copiously about Halloween and even did a Thanksgiving post. But somehow I missed posting about all my Christmas decorations, and that’s where it all started. 😍

So here is a tour of my house all decorated for Christmas. 

First, the trees. For years I had a real tree in the “formal” living room and a small “Kid’s Tree” upstairs in the loft that had all their decorations from school. But a couple years ago I went fake. It was the best decision ever. I love not having to go search for a tree or having to clean up pine needles afterwards. And once I got one fake tree and saw how easy and fabulous that was, the next thing I knew I had 3: one for each living area, including the upstairs library/loft. 

The "main" tree in the formal living room

The tree in the living room

The loft/library tree

I can even see two trees from the kitchen. #love

Our outside decorations seem to change every year - except for the string across the top of the house that my neighbor puts up for me every year. 

The front yard

Me and Zoe in the front yard

My Villages have grown to 2 over the years.  I love making new scenes every year.  I would make villages in every room if this stuff wasn't so expensive. I could do another blog post about all the cute village houses and figures.  

The Foyer Village

The Loft Village

I even decorate the bathrooms. Honestly, these are the most fun rooms in the house to do. They’re so small that you can make a big decorative splash pretty easily. A holiday shower curtain is too fun.  I love these even more than my Halloween ones.  




Here are a few other pictures, or maybe more than a few.  This brings me joy.  

The china cabinet

The cedar chest

The dining room


The Kitchen

My bedroom


The loft

The fireplace

Santa's Coat Rack

More pictures

More knick-knacks

This is a picture of the room I keep all the decorations in when they are not up.  It is the 6th (and largest) bedroom in the house.

Halloween and Thanksgiving on the right, Christmas on the left.  There are also boxes in here for Easter, July 4th, St Patrick's Day, Fiesta, Summer and probably others I am forgetting. 


MERRY CHRISTMAS I cant wait for all the 70% off sales after the holidays so I can buy more.  #joy



No comments:

Post a Comment