Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Boutique-style Squishing

Pink roses make everything better
I know I'm not the first woman to complain about the annual boob-squish, but I'm here to report that it's getting easier thanks to the Boutique Mammogram. My first time by way of this special experience was a few squishes ago but each year, it gets more sophisticated. This year, they gave me a pink rose. Ladies, if we're gonna to have to do this, this is the way to go. 

A few years ago when directed to a location called a "boutique" for my annual mammogram, I pondered the word from its waiting room, which featured mineral water, a fountain garden, plush carpet and mahogany furniture. 

"Boutique" - 

1. a small store selling fashionable clothes or accessories.
2.  a business that serves a sophisticated or specialized clientele.

Since I am in fact, sophisticated, and special, this place was obviously created for the likes of me. 

Today's boutique visit featured donuts, coffee and pink upholstery.  From the waiting lobby, I was directed to a small changing room where I donned the pink, paper gown, (opens in front, ladies) and took a seat in another plush inner waiting room.  Last year's boutique had a puzzle in progress on a table but this one only had a giant, flat screen TV playing Good Morning, America.  I'm becoming a critic.  60 seconds later I was getting intimate with the imaging machine.  Other than the tech apologizing for her cold hands, it was almost, enjoyable. OK, that's totally untrue, the squishing sucks, but the pampering was appreciated.  It's almost like a spa!  (OK it's not really like a spa, but looking on the bright side is healthy, right?). I also appreciated the speed and organization.  The time that elapsed between entering and leaving the boutique parking lot was only 19 minutes. Phenomenal. 

This almost makes up for the fact that, apparently, I have spent the last 10 years getting "unnecessary" mammograms.  It kinda sucked to see that 10 years after I started getting them, mammograms are now being recommended at age 50 instead of 40.  Whatever.  I am hoping that next year's boutique will finally feature "fashionable clothes and accessories" too.  Or maybe they'll have progressed from giving away roses to giving away jewelry.  I'm looking forward to it. ;)

Everything is pink in the boutique I most recently visited. 
Donuts and coffee and mammograms

No comments:

Post a Comment