|A Big Check!|
- 883 nonprofits are registered this year!
- $713,250 has been raised in prize money!
- The new 2015 goal is to raise $4 million!
Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Texas is thrilled to participate for the 2nd year and we have set a $20,000 goal for our agency. Last year we raised almost $7,000 from 128 donors, over half of which were new donors! Over the past year we took all of our donors on a "Match-Making Journey" describing the process involved in recruiting, screening, training, and supporting 6 volunteers with the kids were matched them to.
|Big Give "Bigs and Littles" at a Spurs game!|
- Donate online 12 am to 12 pm on May 5th. The minimum donation is only $10. Help us win prize money for The Most Donors.
- If you're a Big Brother or Big Sister we hope you'll donate and show your Little Brother or Little Sister "How to Give."
- If you're a Parent, we invite you to donate $10 in Honor of your child's Big Brother or Big Sister.
- If you're a 2014 Big Brothers Big Sisters Big Give Donor we hope you've been inspired by your Match-Making Journey over the past year to give again. We want to give 20 more kids on our Waiting List a mentor.
- Come to our Big Give Office Party at 202 Baltimore, downtown. We will have music, games, face painting and a food truck. The Magik Theatre will be joining our party. There is free parking too.
- Look for us on Social Media and Like and Share this opportunity from our posts on Facebook (BigBrothers BigSisters), Twitter (@bbbsst), Instagram (@bbbsst), YouTube (TEXASBIGMENTOR) and other platforms.
Remember, you don't have to make a big donation, but please go online and give. Last year we proved that a lot of people giving a little donation made a huge impact!
As a board member of the San Antonio Nonprofit Council I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge the awesome support of the following donors for providing underwriting and prize money for The Big Give:
- The Mays Family Foundation
- The Tesoro Foundation
- The John and Florence Newman Foundation
- The Genevieve and Ward Orsinger Foundation, and
- The San Antonio Area Foundation
See you on May 5th!